Digital Marketing has taken the world of marketing by a storm in recent times. Good lead generation is the outcome of a successful digital marketing campaign. A digital marketing consultant can help you formulate the best digital marketing action plan for optimum lead generation.
“Lead generation excels when a campaign is looking to capture a piece of factual intelligence that could never be modelled or predicted through profiling and sophisticated propensity algorithms.” – Chris Cunningham
What is Lead Generation?
Lead Generation involves attracting potential customers to your business and converting them into leads. A lead, in simple terms, means a person who has shown an interest in your brand by taking some significant action like signing up on your website, sharing their contact details or implied that they would like to work with you. Lead Generation strategies generally include the following four components, which a digital marketing consultant can help you understand in a better way:
- Lead Capture: This includes collecting information from a lead like their contact details, qualification details, a brief about their current organisation, requirements etc.
- Lead Magnets: This helps in attracting new leads to your business by providing good offers or discounts.
- Lead Qualification: This process shows how likely a lead is going to buy from you based on the information they’ve provided.
- Lead Classification: It means segregating the leads based on their details like job title, age, gender, pages they visited on your website, etc.
Types of Leads:
Here is a little bit about some of the important types of leads you will come across in the context of Digital Marketing:
- Cold Leads: These are the people who do not show any interest in your business when you reach out to them via phone calls, e-mails or any other marketing initiatives at the beginning of your sales campaign.
- Hot Leads: These are qualified leads that you have nurtured with your good marketing strategies. These are looking for a specific service, the need of which has been accurately addressed by you. All you must do is guide them towards a final transaction.
- Market Qualified Leads: These leads have shown an interest in your brand by engaging with your marketing campaigns, but they are still reluctant to get on a sales call with you. You can convert them into potential leads by enticing them with attractive offers or discounts on your products or services.
Why Lead Generation is important for every business to survive?
Customers are the most important part of any business. They come to know about your brand through marketing and advertising campaigns. This can be done either by digital advertisements or referrals on social media platforms which can be enabled by a digital marketing consultant.
Lead Generation plays a crucial role in this process. It not only helps identify potential leads, but also helps nurture them into buying customers.
How Digital Marketing can help generate Leads?
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): It involves improving your web page rankings by using specific keywords and phrases which help the target audience easily navigate to the respective webpages on your website, while searching something relevant across search engines.
- User-friendly Website: When people visit your website and find your content interesting, relevant and easy to navigate through, they end up spending more time going through your services or products, which can be enough to turn them into potential customers.
- Social Media Marketing: If you can reach out to the largest number of people somewhere, it is on social media! By marketing your brand on popular social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc., you can generate a lot of leads.
- Hosting Online Events: You can host various events online like webinars, live sessions, online contests etc., to identify, attract and generate leads.
Role of a Digital Marketing Consultant in generating Market Qualified Leads:
A Digital marketing consultant helps you generate authentic and reliable market qualified leads. Here’s how:
- Bridging the gap between Businesses and Online Platforms: The consultant helps you understand the dynamics of the online world and build a good presence digitally to generate organic market qualified leads.
- Monitor your past Trends: He/ she analyses your past marketing strategies and works to replace or enhance them to boost your lead generation.
- Content Creation: The marketing consultant aids you in creating befitting content for your business which will increase the web search frequency for your website and make your business more visible, thus increasing the number of market qualified leads.
- One of the reasons why digital marketing lead generation is taking over the traditional world of marketing is its ability to give you data on what your consumers want, how and when.
- A digital lead generation strategy depends on factors, such as type of business, products or services you offer, finding target audience etc.
- Finally, there is no generic formula that works for all; a lead generation idea that may work for one company might backfire for others.
To conclude, a good digital marketing action plan, formulated with the help of a digital marketing consultant, will help you generate more leads, which will, in turn, provide you with excellent returns and a good reputation.